NAC (N-Acetyl Cysteine)
NAC is a highly stable and bioavailable form of the amino acid cysteine. Amino acids are compounds used by the body for a number of functions including to form proteins. Proteins are required by the human body for the repair, maintenance and growth of tissue where they perform structural roles.
How to use
- NAC is renowned for its ability to replenish levels of the glutathione, the body’s master antioxidant.
- NAC also plays an important role in the body’s detoxification process, respiratory and circulatory system, as well as regulating levels of glutamate, the most important neurotransmitter in the brain.
- L-cysteine is one of the amino acids to contain sulphur, NAC has a strong sulphur like odour, which is completely normal.
- Each capsule comprises 500mg of N-Acetyl-L-Cysteine
- NAC has also been shown to increase nitric oxide production, which helps veins dilate and improve blood flow and enhance circulation.L-cysteine important for keratin synthesis for healthy skin, hair and nails
- L-cysteine is a non-essential amino acid, however the ability to synthesis it decreases with age. Levels of cysteine may become depleted in a number of health conditions, also during times of stress, low immunity, or poor protein intake, therefore the requirement for cysteine can increase beyond the body’s ability to synthesis.
- Easy to swallow one a day capsule
- This product is not suitable for children, pregnant or lactating women.
- NAC has also been shown to increase nitric oxide production, which helps veins dilate and improve blood flow and enhance circulation